While viewing the family unit as the cornerstone of a healthy community, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agents and volunteers work in Planning District 16 (the Counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, and Caroline) with a focus on improving wellness for individuals and their families.
FCS Extension Agents offer a wide variety of programs in the areas of nutrition, finance, family development, physical activity, food safety, and food preservation. As educators, community resource, and link in the community, our goal is to implement effective educational and outreach programs that provide people with the life skills needed to make positive changes, and improve their overall sense of well-being.
Please Contact April Payne at 540-507-7568 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on classes available and how to arrange programming for your location!
For ServSafe Class information please call 540-507-7568
The 4-H Youth Development Program in Stafford County affords youth and adults working with those youth the opportunity to learn and develop leadership, citizenship, and life skills. Four-H offers fun-filled, hands-on, research-based learning opportunities. 4-H members must be between the ages of 9-19. Occasionally clubs or programs are offered for Cloverbuds, youth between the ages of 5-8.
Current Stafford 4-H Clubs Include:
- Feathers and Fur 4-H Club-Poultry and Rabbit focus. Includes Cloverbud members.
- Stafford 4-H Livestock Club- Beef cattle, Swine, Sheep, and Meat Goat focus. Members must be 9 to participate.
- Sew What! 4-H Club -Projects focus on sewing. Members must be 9 to participate. Currently taking names for an info list in order to reactivate club.
- Ringmasters 4-H Club - Horse riding and knowledge focus. Members must be 9 to participate.
- Leadership 4-H Club - Focuses on developing leadership and life skills in youth. Members must be 9 to participate.
- L.E.A.D. 4-H Club - Focuses on Leadership and Career Exploration for teenagers.
- Aquia Harbour 4-H Club - Art, Science, and Nature focus. Includes Cloverbud members. Participants do not have to reside in Aquia Harbour in order to participate.
Other 4-H Program Offerings Include:
- 4-H Junior Camp - 5 day, 4 night overnight camp for ages 9-13. Held at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center. Our 2022 camp will take place July 24-28. Click here for more details!
- School Enrichment Programs- We offer in-school programming by request on topics such as embryology, electricity, STEM, financial literacy, and many more. Have your teacher contact us today to schedule a 4-H program in your classroom!
For more information about our programs or to obtain meeting dates, times, and locations, please contact our office.