The Stafford County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is your local connection to Virginia's land-grant universities, Virginia Tech and Virginia State University.
Through educational programs based on research and developed with input from local stakeholders, we help the people of Stafford County improve their lives.
We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
2020 4-H Camp Registration Now Open
4-H Camp will take place July 19-23, 2020 at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center. Registration is now open.
To register, please download our brochure.
Registrations and payments should be mailed to:
Attn: 4-H Camp
8033 Ashton Ave, Suite 105
Manassas, VA 20109
* In accordance with the policy of following Stafford Public Schools closures and cancellations, all 4-H Programs and Events are suspended at this time. Please visit this website for further updates. 4-H Junior Camp Registration is continuing as planned. *
Become a part of our Stafford 4-H Clubs! Contact our office today!
4-H Clubs cover a wide area of interest. Please visit our 4-H program page or contact our office for more information. It's time for Learn by Doing fun with 4-H!
*Note: When Stafford County Schools are closed due to inclement weather, all 4-H programs are canceled for that day.
Smart Green Lawns Program offered March 1 through October 31 annually
* Due to the threat posed by COVID-19, and under the advisement of our organization and local officials, the Smart Green Lawns Program has been suspended until further notice. *
Are you a resident of the City of Fredericksburg or the counties of Stafford or Spotsylvania? Is your lawn out of control? Are you looking for a way to have a lush lawn while being environmentally friendly? Then you need the Smart Green Lawns Program!
Please download the informational flyer and registration from for more information on this program.
2019 Extension Master Gardener Plant Clinics
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are available to answer your lawn and garden questions at area plant clinics.
- Fredericksburg Farmers Market Plant Clinic
Saturday mornings, 9:00 a.m. to Noon, April through September
Location: Hurkamp Park on the corner of William Street and Prince Edward Street in Fredericksburg
- Porter Library Plant Clinic
2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., May through September
Location: Lobby of the Porter Library, 2001 Parkway Blvd. in Stafford
- Stafford County Farmers Market Plant Clinic
1st Sunday of each month, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., April through September
Location: Stafford Hospital Parking Lot at Rt. 1 and Hospital Center Blvd.
- Spotsylvania Farmer’s Market Plant Clinic
Saturday mornings,9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. April through September
Location: Rt.3/Gordon Rd. VDOT Commuter Parking Lot in Spotsylvania
- Celebrate Del Webb Plant Clinic
Wednesday mornings, 9:00 a.m. to Noon, March through November
Location: Lodge at Celebrate by Del Webb Retirement Community, 10 Montera Dr. in Stafford
- Salem Church Library Plant Clinic
Tuesday evenings, 6:30 to 8 p.m., mid-February through April
Location: Lobby of the Salem Church Library, 2607 Salem Church Rd. in Spotsylvania
- Spotsylvania Mall Plant Clinic
- One week day and weekend day each month
- Location: Spotsylania Mall Library
- King George Farmers Market Plant Clinic
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to Noon, May through September
Location: King George Middle School parking lot at 8426 Dahlgren Rd. in King George
Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN)
The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) accelerates efforts, connects partners, and shares resources to solve child hunger in Virginia and create nutritious food access for all Virginians.